Average Temperature for Northern Hemisphere reaches 2c above average.

All of the latest or upcoming forecasts, alerts and news for Spring & Summer.
Lifeless
Site Support
Site Support
Favourite Season: More than one

Average Temperature for Northern Hemisphere reaches 2c above average.

Post #1 by Lifeless » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:37 am

This may be potentially some wrong readings.. I'm not sure, but if this is indeed fact, it only took 5 months to go from 1c to 2c above normal. El Nino must be having a pretty big effect on that as well.

... Update, March 3, 2016: Since this post was originally published, the heat wave has continued. As of Thursday morning, it appears that average temperatures across the Northern Hemisphere have breached the 2 degrees Celsius above “normal” mark for the first time in recorded history, and likely the first time since human civilization began thousands of years ago. That mark has long been held (somewhat arbitrarily) as the point above which climate change may begin to become "dangerous" to humanity. It's now arrived—though very briefly—much more quickly than anticipated. This is a milestone moment for our species. Climate change deserves our greatest possible attention.

... Keep in mind that it took from the dawn of the industrial age until last October to reach the first 1.0 degree Celsius

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense ... ecord.html

Note: Everything I say can sometimes be entirely wrong. Never ever take my word as gospel. Ever... EVER

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login

Return to “Forecasts, Alerts & News”