We are raising money for the board to continue in 2020 and beyond. We are run by volunteers and the servers that our systems run on are not free. We hope you'll be able to help.
DONATE TODAY

Slow Cooker

A place to share and discuss those wonderful recipes.
Silvor
Owner
Owner
Favourite Season: More than one

Slow Cooker

Post by Silvor » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:03 am

Getting cold now and I like to start using my slow cooker more.

I have a few recipes but wondering if anyone has any good ones to share?

My problem is preparing all the stuff on the morning. I get up early for work, I don't wnat to get up even earlier to start chopping carrot and onion etc for the slow cooker! Any tips?
1.8kg beef stewing steak
salt and pepper to taste
1 sachet dried French onion soup mix
240ml water
3 carrots, chopped
1 onion, chopped
3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 stalk celery, chopped

Take the beef and season with salt and pepper to taste. Brown on all sides in a large frying pan over high heat.
Place in the slow cooker and add the soup mix, water, carrots, onion, potatoes and celery.
Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours.
Lovely recipe above...but wish I could prepare this the night before ready to turn on in the morning before going to work?! I could, I presume I could put it all in the slow cooker and leave in fridge overnight but I am always dubious about that...not sure why.
"Winter is coming and Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home."

This topic has 15 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Login

Return to “In the Kitchen”