We are raising money for the board to continue in 2020 and beyond. We are run by volunteers and the servers that our systems run on are not free. We hope you'll be able to help.
DONATE TODAY

A big update from me

Come and have a general chat with all our weather watchers here!
TheWinterSoldier
Site Support
Site Support
Favourite Season: Winter

A big update from me

Post by TheWinterSoldier » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:16 pm

I've not been anywhere near as active on here as the last few years but haven't forgotten you guys and still tune in to updates from the forum model discussion.

I've been very busy since changing departments in the summer with a bigger caseload and less days off. Awful shift pattern!
I've been with my other half (Charlotte) for over a year now and on the 16th of January I popped the question and she said yes!

So, we have a wedding to plan for summer 2021 and we are buying our first home together this summer. She lives in Buxton at the moment and even there she has barely seen any snow during this awful mild winter.

Lastly, I decided to buy a more practical car before we move in together and think about kids in due course. So, I now have a 17 plate Skoda Octavia estate SEL. It's very well kitted out with part leather and alcantara seats and LED headlights which are epic. I opted for the 1.4 TSI petrol 150bhp with DSG gearbox and it is exceptionallly smooth and quiet. Rather brisk too! Huge boot!

Due to increasingly mild winters, I've opted for all season tyres rather than winter tyres. There wasn't much tread on the tyres it came with so I ordered a new set of the award winning Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons Gen 2. They have a winter bias but will still be ok in summer and are apparently very good in snow, if we ever get any!!!!! Big improvement in the rain in any case.

Hope everyone is ok :D
Formerly known as LandRoverSnow - Now a Skoda Octavia owner

This topic has 13 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login

Return to “General Chat”